Serves/Yields: 4 Servings
Ingredients for Sweet Orange Basil Curd:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 ½ cups (355 ml) almond milk, divided
- ½ cup (120 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup (32 g) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 5 large leaves fresh basil chiffonade
- Add the coconut oil, sugar, 1 cup (235 ml) of the almond milk, orange juice, and zest to a pot. The orange juice will curdle with the almond milk. That is okay; it will come back together once the slurry is added. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and remaining 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) almond milk to make a slurry. Slowly add the slurry to the boiling mixture and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Once thickened, remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and basil. Let cool completely. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
Gluten Free | Soy Free