This cold salad is not only a super simple dish to prepare, it also makes for a beautiful presentation. It is wonderful as a side dish.
Ingredients for Spinach Sesame Salad:
- 3/4 pound fresh baby leaf spinach, rinsed and drained well (6 cups tightly packed)
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Gomasio or sesame seeds
- Place the spinach in a small pot or sauté pan with a little water over medium-high heat. Cook until the spinach is just soft and turns a darker green, approximately 3 minutes, using tongs to gently stir. Be sure not to overcook.
- Place the spinach in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients except the Gomasio and gently mix well.
- Form the spinach into four individual portions of your desired shape. Try form in squares, circles, rectangles, or oval ‘towers.’ Sprinkle with the Gomasio before serving.