Asparagus is part of the lily family and has been cultivated and revered since ancient Roman times. It comes in three varieties, white, green, and purple. This colorful dish works best with thin spears of asparagus. Thicker varieties will require more time. You can also grill the ingredients for an equally delightful experience. Serve as a side dish for any meal. By chance, we discovered this dish makes a superior and unique topping for corn chips.
Ingredients for Southwest Roasted Asparagus and Corn :
- 1 bunch Asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Kernels from 2 medium-size ears of corn, or 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño or other hot pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium-size lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees F. Place the asparagus, corn, bell pepper, jalapeño, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until the asparagus is just tender, about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix well and enjoy.