Serves/Yields: One 9-inch pie
Enjoy pumpkin pie year round
with this easy recipe.
Ingredients for Pie Crust:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 3 Tbs. cold water
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 12 1/3 oz. silken tofu (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin* (15-oz. can)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
Instructions for Pie Crust
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the flour and salt.
- Stir in the oil and water with a dinner fork just until combined. Do not overwork pastry.
- Roll dough out between two pieces of waxed paper or on a lightly floured surface to desired size.
Instructions for Pie filling
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend the tofu, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Process until smooth.
- Prepare pie crust. Line bottom of pie dish with crust.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Chill, uncovered, in refrigerator before serving.
Variation: REDUCED-SUGAR PUMPKIN PIEReduce sugar to 6 Tbs. and add 1/2 tsp. powderedstevia extract.