A fun and refreshing raw food dish prepared with seasonal fresh vegetables. The dressing, delicately flavored with traditional French herbs, is magnifique on any salad, or steamed or roasted vegetables.
Ingredients for Provencal Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegan Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup or agave or coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped olives (optional)
- Prepare the dressing: Combining all of its ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Prepare the salad: Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- For best results, chill for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is from the book Taste of Europe and is provided courtesy of the author Mark Reinfeld. Photos are courtesy of Da Capo Publishers and www.veganfusion.com