Usually, a refreshing drink made out of (what else?) mangoes and yogurt, it only takes a little bit more patience to turn this fantastic mixture into a frozen treat. The wait is more than worth it because it’s better for beating the intense summer heat, not to mention that it’s so much more fun to eat food on a stick! A pinch of cardamom adds an extra little zing, and is completely mandatory in my opinion, but you could also opt to substitute ground ginger if you prefer.
Ingredients for Muffins Mango Lassi Popsicles:
- 2 Ripe Mangos
- 1 Cup Plain or Vanilla Soy or Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- These popsicles are so easy to make, they barely need instructions. All you need to do is remove the skin and pits from your mangos, chop them into pieces, and puree them thoroughly in a blender or food processor.
- Add in the soy yogurt, sugar (you may need more or less depending on the sweetness of your fruit, so be sure to taste it!), cardamom, and vanilla.
- Once thoroughly combined, pour the mixture into popsicle molds and place on a level shelf in your freezer. Let freeze for at least 3 hours, until completely solid.