Even people who say that they don’t normally like Brussels sprouts will enjoy this dish.
Ingredients for Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 and ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup finely minced shallot
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium tamari
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- finely diced red bell pepper (optional)
- chopped candied walnuts or spiced pecans (optional)
- Cut of stems from Brussels sprouts and then cut in half.
- Cook for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. (This step can be done in advance).
- In a heavy nonstick sauce pan, sauté shallots in vegetable broth or water for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté for 4 minutes longer.
- Whisk together maple syrup, tamari, Dijon mustard and arrowroot.
- Pour over vegetables and cook 2 minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Garnish with red bell pepper or nuts, if desired.
Chef’s Note: If you don’t want to use maple syrup, use date syrup and add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of maple extract.
This recipe is from the book Unprocessed and is provided courtesy of the author Chef AJ