This salad is a simple and sublime palette cleanser. The playfulness of the mint, chili pepper, vinegar, and agave makes this salad dance in your mouth, and can accompany many dishes or simply be served over lettuce.
Ingredients for Cucumber Salad with Peanuts and Chile:
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon red chile pepper, seeded and diced or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut the peeled cucumbers in half. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds, then cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.