Serves/Yields: 2-4 Prep Time: 5 Cook Time: 10 Total Time: 15
This is the best vegan pancake recipe you will ever make. You deserve it. To make this soy free, use soy-free Earth Balance.
Ingredients for Cloud 9 Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Egg replacement mixture (see below)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- Maple syrup and vegan butter, for topping
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and sugar. In a small bowl, make the egg replacer and combine it with the almond milk and vanilla. Using a whisk, combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. You want some lumps. Gently fold in the melted butter. Make sure the batter is still lumpy and thick.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat and coat lightly with oil. A spray-on oil works best to avoid over-oiling. Use a dry measuring cup to pour 1/4 cup of batter in a circle. Cook until the surface of the pancake has small bubbles all around, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip. Ideally you should only have to flip once.
- On your serving plate, stack the pancakes high to seem impressive, or, as Darth Vader would say, “most impressive.” Top with butter and maple syrup and voilà! Pancake ninja.