I created this dip as a way to get my friend’s 4 year old to eat fruit.
Ingredients for Chocolate FUNdue:
- 1 cup peanut butter (no salt or sugar)
- 1 cup date paste
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
- ¾ - 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (until desired thickness is reached)
- 1 Tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon caramel extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for the milk in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until ingredients are incorporated, scraping down sides if necessary.
- Slowly add non-dairy milk, a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- You can eat this immediately or chill for a firmer texture.
Chef’s Note: Serve this as a dip with your favorite fruit such as cut apples or strawberries. Or buy wooden skewers and place several different fruits on it shish kabob style. You can make a raw version of this by using raw almond butter or tahini. If you want to drastically reduce the fat, my friend, Robin, replaces half of the nut butter with drained and rinsed cannellini beans. You could probably even add more beans and less nut butter and still keep the flavor.